The Indiana Trail Running Association (ITRA) is pleased to present the first ever Indiana Trail Racing Series. The Series features five multi-distance races throughout the State of Indiana. It is meant to showcase the variety trails available in the State and to encourage ITRA Members to compete.
Participation in the Indiana Trail Racing Series is open to all 2018 ITRA members and is a benefit of membership. However, we ask that you register your intent to participate by signing up here. Not an ITRA member? Please check out our Membership Page to join!
The following five events are the official 2018 Indiana Trail Racing Series races. Registration information can be found on our Events Page. All ITRA members are eligible for discounted registrations at each of these events.
- February 24, 2018 – Bound the Mound Trail Run (5k, 10K, 13.1) Angel Mounds State Historic Site, Evansville, Indiana
- May, 2018 – Dances with Dirt Gnaw Bone (10k, 13.1, 50K, 50M) Gnaw Bone, Indiana
- July, 2018 – Eagle Creek Trail Marathon (Quarter, Half, Full), Eagle Creek Park, Indianapolis, Indiana
- August 18, 2018 – The Half-Moon Half (5K, Quarter, Half), Griffin Bike Park, Terre Haute, Indiana
- October 2018 – The Tecumseh Trail Marathon (Quarter, Half, Full), Yellowwood State Forest, Nashville, Indiana
Given the variety of distances available, the Indiana Trail Racing Series will utilize a points-based scoring system. Participants will be awarded a certain number of points based on distance and finishing place. The longer you run, the more points you get for distance. The faster you compete, the more points you get for finishing place. Participants will be scored on their best four out of five races. You can even miss out on an event and still be in the series. However, we encourage everybody to run all five races in 2018!
In addition, Indiana Trail Racing Series Participants can score bonus points by volunteering time at a race, through trail building and maintenance, by being part of a race crew or through pacing. Please check out our Volunteer Page for opportunities.
All Indiana Trail Racing Series Participants that finish four of the five participating races, will receive an official 2018 Indiana Trail Racing Series Finisher’s Award at the 2018 ITRA End of the Year Meeting and Holiday Party (December 2018).
The top 3 male and female participants, by points, will receive a special award to commemorate their achievement.
Click the following for more information: